What we do
Designed to reinspire work and meetings, Roam is a comprehensive work, meet and office solution with seven locations in Metro Atlanta. Month-to-month memberships, private offices and technology-equipped meeting rooms accommodating 2 to 250 people allow small businesses and large corporations alike to work productively and with flexibility in design-enhanced environments.
Who we are
Our story is centered on a counter-cultural approach to business and a people-first mentality that’s activated in our desire to partner with stakeholders through the delivery of hospitality for the purpose of impacting lives.
Learn more about Roam and our culture on our career page.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the Operations Lead (OL) is to partner with his/her Assistant General Manager in the execution of all daily operations to ensure a seamless hospitality experience. The OL is a positive servant-leader with exceptional work ethic, grit, and a passion for hospitality. He/She is a dependable, conscientious team-player who constantly strives for excellence.
Our ideal OL is highly competent, emotionally intelligent, and thrives in collaborative, high-energy, customer-facing, hands-on environments. He/she has a strong desire to grow with Roam and develop as a leader. As a self-starter, he/she takes initiative to ensure the highest quality experience for the customer and puts the needs of the team ahead of his/her own. Conversational and engaging, this person can easily connect with others, remain calm and collected under pressure, and moves quickly to solve problems in order to serve others better. Above all, the Operations Lead fosters emotional connections with his/her team, members & guests, crafts remarkable experiences, and creates inspiring environments.
- Execute corporate meetings, ensuring Roam’s standards for technology readiness, room setup, catering preparation, and service.
- Partner with the Meeting Coordinator to communicate corporate guests’ needs to the team, in hopes of exceeding expectations for the surprise and delight of our guests.
- Direct communication and/or follow up with corporate guests.
- Manage Large Room Event Orders (REOs): ensuring accuracy of financials and inputing into Roam’s POS system.
- Our physical environments are a reflection of our brand and our clients. The OL ensures that their workspace is a place where people are both inspired and productive.
- Take charge of the cleanliness and organization of the workplace throughout each day, which includes cleaning and straightening meeting rooms, pushing in chairs throughout the workspaces, monitoring bathroom needs and cleanliness, and helping maintain order in the kitchen.
- Partner with MP/AGM to track and prioritize maintenance needs for the facilities team.
- Oversee and drive coffee bar operations and revenue.
- Manage catering supplies and materials inventory.
- Assist and/or lead in coffee bar activities, including food/drink preparation and machine maintenance.
- Assist managers in workplace opening and closing procedures.
- Partner with the Assistant General Manager to manage and lead part-time Hospitality Assistants as a servant-leader.
- Assist the Managing Partner in the interview, selection, and on-boarding processes for part-time Hospitality Assistants.
Requirements + Experience
- Hospitality or customer service experience with a strong operational focus.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while exercising excellent attention to detail.
- Emotionally intelligent & socially aware.
- Assertive, organized, and efficient.
Perks + Benefits
- Health benefits, Roam offers and contributes to three health benefit plans - including vision and dental
- Paid vacation days per year
- Two Volunteer Days per year
- Four Personal Development Days per year
- 401K plan with company matching
- ExFund allowance, $120 per month for all of life's extras like gas, phone bills and gym memberships
- Profit sharing bonus, a company-wide performance bonus for loyal team members
- Maternity + paternity leave, full salaried paid leave for both moms and dads