Elizabeth was born and raised in north Atlanta and graduated from Georgia Tech in 2003. She is the mom of one energetic little boy and they live in Marietta. They love to go camping and hiking together and take lots of weekend trips to north Georgia to get outside a little bit!
Waffle House was created in 1955 by two Georgia Tech graduates who lived next door to each other in Avondale Estates. It is a privately-held, billion dollar company with approximately 1900 locations in 26 states. Waffle House has woven itself into the fabric of American culture with fans spanning the country from Kanye West and Kim Kardashian to Richard Petty and Bubba Watson. In their most recent decade, Waffle House has focused on being an active leader in communities suffering after a natural disaster. They offer a career path in Operations Management that is decidedly different than many of their peers. Waffle House values servant leadership and only promotes from within so as to grow and develop their own next generation of business leaders.
Home Roam: Roam Alpharetta
1. What do you find most fulfilling about your current role with Waffle House?
I love watching people realize their potential in Operations Management. At Waffle House, the sky is the limit for those who work hard and provide results. This translates to a new hire being able to grow into a multi-unit management role within a couple of years and potentially a vice president position within 7-10 years. I love being able to support and develop people in reaching their career goals with Waffle House.
2. As someone who is responsible for recruiting and retaining talent, what are three things you look for when hiring a team member?
- Attitude always comes first. We can teach and train a lot of skills, but having an innate positive attitude is a person’s biggest asset.
- Waffle House values the servant leadership model, so I am always looking for someone who embodies that. Restaurant work can be hard, and I want someone who is leading their team by example.
- My most successful managers are flexible and love to have fun. Whether it is Christmas day, an ice storm in January or a hurricane on the coast, our management team shows up and works together to provide the best service for the customer. That sense of ownership in the business is what keeps our team members on board year after year.
3. Out of all the items on the Waffle House menu, which one is your favorite?
If you have not tried a sausage waffle, you are missing heaven. Crumbled Smithfield sausage baked in your waffle then doused in maple syrup? That brings happiness to everyone!
4. What is your favorite thing about being a Roam Member?
In my role with Waffle House, I show up in my stores every day and that’s part of what I love about the Waffle House culture. We show up in front of our associates and customers, every day. However sometimes I need a place to set up my laptop and focus on desk work for a few minutes, and Roam fits that bill perfectly. I love how personable and helpful the staff is. The concept in itself it excellent, and the Roam team nails the execution.
5. You are driving in your car and burst into song, what song are you singing?
Probably some ridiculous 90s rock. Does anyone not sing along when Tubthumping comes on?