What we do
Designed to reinspire work and meetings, Roam is a comprehensive work, meet and office solution with seven locations in Metro Atlanta. Month-to-month memberships, private offices and technology-equipped meeting rooms accommodating 2 to 250 people allow small businesses and large corporations alike to work productively and with flexibility in design-enhanced environments.
Who we are
Our story is centered on a counter-cultural approach to business and a people-first mentality that’s activated in our desire to partner with stakeholders through the delivery of hospitality for the purpose of impacting lives.
Learn more about Roam and our culture on our career page.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the General Manager (GM) is to collaborate with his/her Managing Partner to lead their team and develop the business at his/her workplace. He/She serves as a partner with the MP in coaching & developing full-time team members. The General Manager combines an understanding of sales strategy along with leading field team sales goals. Ultimately, the GM syntheses team leadership, hospitality operations and sales strategy at the workplace when the MP is not present. Partnering with the Director of Sales and Meeting Coordinator, the GM ensures the logistics of each meeting are executed by his/her team in order to provide a remarkable experience.
The GM is a positive servant leader with a passion for hospitality, has grit and a desire to grow as a leader of people and operations. Combining exceptional work ethic with planning, process, and problem solving skills, the GM executes Roam’s mission to create an invested community. The GM role is a training ground for future Managing Partners. As a result, a Roam GM is a dedicated self learner with a passion for development and a hunger for increased responsibility. He/she actively and enthusiastically pursues opportunities to learn the business from the ground up and is committed to growing his/her management and leadership abilities.
- Lead the execution of guest’s events and meetings, ensuring that Roam’s standards for A/V and technology, room setup, and catering preparation are met with excellence.
- Serve as the on-site point of contact for meeting planners to ensure Roam’s hospitality experience is provided to guests and meetings are executed with excellence.
- Collaborate with Roam’s Meeting Coordinator to communicate the logistics of scheduled meetings to the team in order to execute successful events.
- Lead team huddles by communicating meeting details, daily priorities, and connecting operations to Roam’s vision and mission.
- Arrange daily meeting schedule and operations timetable.
- Leverage Roam platforms to discover customer insights and retrieve feedback to improve the hospitality experience.
- Build relationships and rapport with recurring guests.
Hospitality Experience + Environment
- Lead team in the day-to-day execution of hospitality strategy.
- Maintain clean, organized, productive and inspiring environments where members, guests, and teammates can get their best work done.
- Coordinate and lead all workplace improvement projects.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the Winning Scorecard in order to partner with the Managing Partner to achieve results.
- Maintain a collaborative partnership with the MP to implement and communicate all goals, processes, policies, and hospitality initiatives.
- Infuse fun into the workday by celebrating wins, milestones, and accomplishments by the team and community on a consistent basis.
- Lead every day with a “business owner” mentality by being prepared to make important decisions surrounding conflict management, team health, business objectives, etc.
- Gives direct leadership to Operations Lead, Community Manager and Hospitality Assistant roles including both structured and unstructured regular check-ins
- Interview, select, on-board, train and lead part-time Hospitality Assistants.
- Manage: vendor relationships, team schedule, daily financials, operation needs and the team’s Office 365 administration.
- Own the day-to-day input of all financial transactions. (Square, CC, Banking)
- Ensure all revenue to expense margins are achieved.
- Strategically decipher margins, metrics and make necessary adjustments to the operation to ensure target metrics are achieved.
- Partner with the Managing Partner and sales team to set sales strategies to drive revenue.
- Lead the workplace team in the execution of agreed upon sales strategy and goals, ensuring a proactive sales mentality is maintained by the entire team.
- Act as a consultant and assist in the active selling of memberships, offices, and meeting space
Requirements + Experience
- BA / BS in Business, Hospitality or other related degree.
- Hospitality, retail, startup, consulting or related experience with a strong operational focus.
- Strong communication, financial acumen, organization and project management skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while exercising excellent attention to detail.
- Experience leading a high performing team and developing servant leaders.
- Student of the business with a passion for business development and growth.
Perks + Benefits
- Health benefits, Roam offers and contributes to three health benefit plans - including vision and dental
- Paid vacation days per year
- Two Volunteer Days per year
- Four Personal Development Days per year
- 401K plan with company matching
- ExFund allowance, $120 per month for all of life's extras like gas, phone bills and gym memberships
- Profit sharing bonus, a company-wide performance bonus for loyal team members
- Maternity + paternity leave, full salaried paid leave for both moms and dads