What we do
Designed to reinspire work and meetings, Roam is a comprehensive work, meet and office solution with seven locations in Metro Atlanta. Month-to-month memberships, private offices and technology-equipped meeting rooms accommodating 2 to 250 people allow small businesses and large corporations alike to work productively and with flexibility in design-enhanced environments.
Who we are
Our story is centered on a counter-cultural approach to business and a people-first mentality that’s activated in our desire to partner with stakeholders through the delivery of hospitality for the purpose of impacting lives.
Learn more about Roam and our culture on our career page.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the Development Associate (DA) role is to assist in the design, management and build out of future Roam workplaces and consulting projects. The Development Associate will work alongside the Director of New Development to execute Roam’s development strategy and plans for future growth.
The Development Associate possesses a people-first mindset, entrepreneurial spirit and go-getter attitude. He/She is a detail-oriented activator who is highly adaptable, goal-oriented and an eager problem solver. To be successful in this role, the Development Associate will need to be motivated by deadlines and developing partner relationships. The DA is skilled in project management and has excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to: lead construction teams, manage projects and provide development consulting services.
- Vet new vendors and manage vendor relationships.
- Work alongside Architect from start to finish on Roam workplace design – test fit through construction documents.
- Partner with Architect and General Contractor to value engineer workplace design.
- Work closely with General Contractor to oversee construction of new Roam workplaces from start to finish – pre-construction through punch completion.
- Responsible for maintaining project timeline, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget.
Roam Workplace Solutions (RWS) Consulting
- Select, implement and maintain project management software for consulting projects.
- Manage client relationships from the discovery phase through advisory + engagement phases.
- Develop, edit and send contracts to clients.
- Partner with the Director of Finance to provide invoices and collect payment from clients.
Requirements + Experience
- BA / BS in Building Science, Building Construction, or other related degree.
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills; financial acumen
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while exercising excellent attention to detail.
- Student of the business with a passion for business development and growth.
Perks + Benefits
- Health benefits, Roam offers and contributes to three health benefit plans - including vision and dental
- Paid vacation days per year
- Two Volunteer Days per year
- Four Personal Development Days per year
- 401K plan with company matching
- ExFund allowance, $120 per month for all of life's extras like gas, phone bills and gym memberships
- Profit sharing bonus, a company-wide performance bonus for loyal team members
- Maternity + paternity leave, full salaried paid leave for both moms and dads