This past Wednesday we had the wonderful opportunity to learn how to build an effective, 3-step social media strategy from Melanie Romanaux (That’s pronounced R-O-M-A-N-O-H; in case you were confused.)
Melanie did a great job communicating to us the basic ‘root system’ of a social media strategy:
- Active Outreach
- Brand Equity
Your social media root system is established by the original content published by your brand – and it’s changing every day.
Once you pick the 2-4 basic social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc…) that fit your brand, nurture your following and make each platform work for you. When you’re doing it right, you’ll see more engagement, more conversations will be converted to sales, and you’ll understand what your audience needs. Here’s how you get started:
1. CONTENT – What are you really saying?
- Test your post frequency and voice
- Consider how helpful 3rd party content is before posting or retweeting.
- Be consistent.
- Give listeners a personal invitation to interact with your content.
- Divide content up into categories.
2. ACTIVE OUTREACH – Who should you be talking to?
- Listen – search for what people are saying about you and your brand.
- Be present daily on every single one of your platforms. Even if it’s for minutes at a time.
- Make a list of dream clients and leads – respond to what they say and engage with them.
- Seek out opportunities to simply be helpful
- Give. Give. Give…Earn the right to ask.
3. BRAND EQUITY – How do people feel when they encounter your brand online?
- Move beyond normal conversations and create events.
- Build credibility
- Develop content that can be repurposed for future use.
- Support offline events/engagement with online conversation
If you think you can’t make money on social media you’re wrong. How can it work for you? Create helpful content, engage actively with your audience, and build your brand equity.
**Want to learn more about Melanie and Somedia Solutions? Visit their website.